Toy Library & Resource Centre
The ARC Toy Library and Resource Centre facilitates equity of access for all children to their educational and learning environments through the loan of therapeutic toys, educational resources, and specialised equipment.
The ARC Toy Library and Resource Centre stocks educational toys and games across the following areas:
- Fine and gross motor development
- Perceptual motor development
- Sensory awareness and stimulation
- Thinking and problem solving skills
- Numeracy and literacty skill development
- Speech and language development
- Social skills development and pretend play
Our resources are specifically chosen for their ability to stimulate your child’s development and assist your child in reaching their learning and therapy goals.
- Toy Library and Resource Centre: Families, teachers, therapists, and other community members can visit our centre in person during our opening hours. An educational advisor is available to help you choose, or you are welcome to browse our shelves in your own time. Children are welcome in the Toy Library and a well-stocked play space is always available.
- Mobile Service: The ARC Toy Library and Resource Centre Mobile Service is a mobile resource unit which visits schools and families in regional areas of Far North Queensland. The mobile service carries a selection of toys and resources from all developmental areas of our resource collection. Covering an area of 2600kms2, the service visits schools, kindergartens, hospitals, respite centres and individual families. Mobile service users generally receive 2 visits per school term. Please contact us for more information about this service.
- Access to ARC's online Resource Centre Catalogue can be found at by clicking here or following this link: http://arc.cmeweb.libcode.com.au (Online Borrowing guide)
- Baby Bridges: The ARC Toy Library & Resource Centre is a registered provider of the Baby Bridges Early Intervention Program. Contact us to register for the next group.
Access to the ARC Toy Library and Resource is via payment of a yearly membership fee. Please contact us for current membership rates.
Members can loan up to 5 items a time for a period of up to 5 weeks. Extension of loans are possible at discretion of centre staff.
Child membership: Membership is available to children between the ages of 0 and 18 who have a verified disability. Children under the age of 5 who have significant developmental delay are also eligible for membership.
Opening Hours: Queensland School Term Times Only
Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday: open 9am – 2pm; Other times by appointment.
Mobile service available by appointment
Due to an unexpected change in an external webhost, the online catalogue is temporarily unavailable. However our resource loan service is still available via phone, email, and mobile delivery…..please contact us for assistance