The ARC Inclusive Education Resource Centre loans educational toys and games across the following areas:
- Fine and gross motor development
- Perceptual motor development
- Sensory processing and regulation
- Thinking and problem solving skills
- Numeracy and literacy skill development
- Speech and language development
- Social skills development and pretend play.
Our resources are specifically chosen for their ability to stimulate your child’s development and assist your child in reaching their learning and therapy goals.
- Resource Centre: Families, teachers, therapists, and other community members can visit our centre in person during our opening hours. An educational advisor is available to help you choose, or you are welcome to browse our shelves in your own time.
- Mobile Service: The ARC Inclusive Education Resource Centre Mobile Service is a mobile resource unit which visits schools in regional areas of Far North Queensland. The mobile service carries a selection of toys and resources from all developmental areas of our resource collection. Covering an area of 2600kms2, Mobile service users generally receive 2 visits per school term. Please contact us for more information about this service.
- Access to ARC's online Resource Centre Catalogue can be found at by clicking here or following this link: http://arc.cmeweb.libcode.com.au (Online Borrowing guide)
Access to the IERC is via payment of a yearly membership fee. Please contact us for current membership rates. Members can loan up to 5 items a time for a period of up to 5 weeks. Extension of loans are possible at discretion of centre staff.
Educational Advisor available to assist with borrowing and loan returns:
Monday - Friday
9:00AM – 2:00 PM
Please phone to make an appointment for borrowing, loans can be returned any time.
(Other times available by appointment. Please phone.
Loans can be returned:
Monday - Friday
8:30 AM – 4:30 PM
Closed on School Holidays
Our resources are specifically chosen for their ability to stimulate development and assist you in reaching your learning and therapy goals.